The safety of each individual of the District
is of primary importance. The District believes that
employees have the right to work in a safe, peaceful
environment. The District has developed, implemented,
and maintains regulations which will produce a safe
work environment for the staff. The safety program conforms
to known practice and standards; it embodies the proper
attitudes toward injury and illness prevention among
teachers, administrators, classified staff, and students.
The District Safety Program includes:
- Safety rules for employees which are practiced and
- Training for staff in good safety practices and
- A continuing program to correct unsafe working conditions
or practices; control health hazards and insure compliance
with relevant safety and health standards.
- A safe educational and working environment that
provides appropriate mechanical and physical safeguards.
- Prompt, thorough investigations of all safety incidents
to determine causes and recommend corrective action.
Safety Training Includes:
- General safety policy and program
- Safety rules-general/specific to job
- Fire protection/Prevention
- Proper personnel equipment/attire
- Proper lifting procedures
- Emergency Procedures
- Proper Ergonomics
- Procedures and reporting injuries
- Housekeeping and cleaning up spills
- Safe operation of powered equipment
- Medical/First Aid
- Storage of Materials
- Personal Hygiene
- Review of forms to use in "Reporting"
- Accident Report
- Worker’s Compensation
- Occupational Injury/Illness