August 13, 2021 – BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION
If you have questions please feel free to contact your building principal. We appreciate each of you and look forward to a positive and productive 2021-2022 school year. Visit www.fcs.org for continued updates.
Grades K-12 will meet in person 5 days per week, with the exception of Trojan Academy (online and blended learning model).
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Facial coverings are recommended but are optional with the exception of transportation.
- 3 ft. social distancing when feasible.
- Visitors are permitted at this time and are encouraged to wear a mask.
- Water fountains and bottled fillers will be available. Cleaning and disinfecting protocols will be followed.
- Frequent hand washing will be encouraged.
- The COVID dashboard will be updated and can be found on the website, www.fcs.org.
As per federal mandates, masks are required while riding official school transportation. This includes riding to school as well as extracurricular activities.
- Breakfast and lunches will be free for all students through the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- During school mealtimes, social distancing will be maximized as much as possible.
- Contact tracing and notifying individuals who have been exposed will continue. Guidance for quarantine/close contact for schools is posted on the Ohio Department of Health website
- The building principal will inform the school community, including parents and employees, whenever there is a positive case.
- Hancock Public Health has partnered with a third party (PCG) to notify individuals if there is a need to quarantine.
- Daily self-monitoring of symptom checks is recommended for students and staff.
- Ventilation will be used when appropriate or safe to do so by opening windows. Child safe fans will be used when appropriate.
- Open houses, conferences, and other in-person gatherings will be permitted.