Note from the Principal Updates & Reminders – From the desk of Mr. Imke
Excellence – Opportunity – Belonging
Mission Statement: To unlock the dreams of all students through academic excellence, diverse opportunities, and true belonging.
FHS is preparing to welcome students back for the 2022-2023 school year! We are extremely excited to get our students back in the building and start the school year.
We would like to share a few building updates with you prior to the start of the school year. Over the summer we have had the opportunity to add several new members to our staff. We would like to welcome Barb Tardibuono, who will be the A-E Assistant Principal, Don Williams who will be the F-K Assistant Principal and Trina Poole, who will be the S-Z Assistant Principal. These principals join our administrative team bringing a wealth of experience and knowledge. Please review the information within the newsletter for more information about our administrative teams.
We are also excited to welcome several new teachers and counselors to our staff. Please join us in welcoming Gina Allen (Intervention), Tina Bils (Spanish), Kimberley Brown (Counselor), Hope Coull (English), Courtney Fisher (Math), Tony Schoonover (Social Studies), Derek Siefer (Social Studies), Lanae Williams (English) and Max Worcester (English). They are eager to get in the building and serve our students.
This coming school year we will again be offering opportunities for teacher collaborative time on Wednesdays. We will run a modified bell schedule on Wednesdays to provide teachers the opportunity to work in teams and collaborate for the improvement of student learning. Millstream will continue to run a normal bell schedule on these days. Please see the detailed bell schedules within the newsletter. We also encourage you to review the rest of the newsletter for some important information and dates for the school year. We look forward to seeing everyone on August 17th for our orientations!
Finally, we would like to wish everyone a tremendous remainder of their summer break. We are looking forward to an exciting 2022-2023 school year. Thank you for your continued support of Findlay High School! #TrojanTrue
Updated Dress Code in Handbook
Students and parents: Please be aware that we have updated the language and descriptions regarding dress code expectations in the FHS students handbook for the 2022-2023 school. Please be sure to review prior to the first day of school.
13. Dress, Appearance : Findlay High School supports equitable educational access and the safe and healthy expression of student individuality. Students shall dress in a manner that ensures the health, welfare, and safety of the student body and enhances a respectful, positive, and nonviolent image of our students. Therefore, the following expectations shall be followed to maximize the learning environment and safety conditions at the high school.
- Clothing and accessories shall not allude to or encourage drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, gangs, profanity, violence, or be offensive to ethnic, cultural, religious, racial, or legally protected groups.
- Clothing and accessories shall not create a safety concern (including items that can be used as a weapon).
- Clothing and accessories must cover the chest, stomach, back, and buttocks. Any article of clothing that reveals an excessive amount of skin will be deemed inappropriate for the school environment.
- Shoes/sandals must be worn at all times.
- Hats, hoods, and other headwear (unless required by a specific student’s religion) must allow the face to be clearly visible and must not interfere with anyone’s line of sight. Sunglasses are not permitted to be worn unless given specific permission from school administration.
- Any clothing and accessories that create a reasonable risk of substantial interference with the educational process (including costumes, facial paint, etc.) are not permitted. Exceptions for certain special events may be permitted by school administration.
Students may be asked to cover, change, or remove inappropriate clothing or return home to change into appropriate clothing. Violation of the dress code may result in school discipline and/or placement in ISAP for the remainder of the school day.
SCHOOL MEALS ARE NOT FREE IN THE ’22-’23 SCHOOL YEAR!
THE USDA MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR SCHOOL NUTRITION PROGRAMS TO SERVE ALL STUDENT FREE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH THROUGH ‘WAIVERS.” CONGRESS DID NOT EXTEND THESE WAIVERS FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR, SO NOW WE WILL GO BACK TO THE REGULARLY PRICED MEALS AT SCHOOL.
PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A MEAL BENEFIT APPLICATION, WHICH WILL BE AVAILABLE AFTER JULY 1, 2022, IN FINAL FORMS. THE FORM MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT TO HAVE IT ACCESSED FOR APPROVAL. INCOMPLETE FORMS WILL HOLD UP THE APPROVAL PROCESS. AS ALWAYS, YOU CAN ALSO MAKE ONLINE PAYMENT TO YOUR STUDENT’S ACCOUNT THROUGH THE EZPAY SITE.
Student Breakfast $2.00 each.
High School Student Lunch $3.25 each.
Seniors – Class of 2023:
Required immunizations before school starts for the 2022-2023 school year. Ohio’s immunization law requires that all students entering 12th grade must have received the following immunizations: MCV4 meningococcal (serogroup A, C, W and Y) vaccine: Meningococcal conjugate vaccine protects against some of the bacteria that can cause meningitis – Ohio law requires 1 dose at or after age 16 – link to Hancock Public Health Letter.
Trojan Athletics’ Season Passes!
Grades 9-12 Orientation/Save the Date: Wednesday, August 17, 2022
- Pick-up your schedule
- Take school photos & get Student ID – Picture Day ID: EVT7CD2T6 (Pictures also taken August 23, 2022)
- Tour the building
- Meet your teachers
- Decorate your lockers!
- The Library is Open!
- Chromebook repair drop-off
- 8:00-9:00 A-E
- 9:00 – 10:00 F-K
- 10:00 – 11:00 L-R
- 11:00 – 12:00 S-Z
Grades 10-12 Orientation – 1:00pm – 5:00pm
CCP Alignment Day
CCP Alignment day will be held on August 10th. If you are planning to take CCP off campus (at the college or online) during Fall 2022, please stop by the FHS Counseling Office anytime between 9am – 11am or 1pm – 3pm. Bring a copy of your CCP schedule and or any questions you might have! Representatives from local colleges will be available to answer questions and help students get registered for classes. It is important that you bring a copy of your CCP schedule as this is an opportunity to align your high school and CCP schedules.
Parent Teacher Conference Schedule For 2022– 2023 FHS only
You will want to mark your calendar now for the dates of Parent-Teacher Conferences for 2022-2023.
Thursday, September 22 , 2022 – 3:30 – 7:30 pm
Thursday, December 1, 2022 – 3:30 – 7:30 pm
Thursday, February 9 , 2023 – 3:30 – 7:30 pm
Additional information will be included in daily announcements. Please call or email Julie Merrin after September 12, to schedule your conferences. Phone – 419-427-5412 Email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to sign all FinalForms by August 12! – Link to FinalForms
Remind-Communication Tool – Sign up now for Findlay City Schools Remind alerts regarding school delays, important information and cancellations. Please go to https://www.fcs.org/alerts for instructions to sign up!
Remember to check out the FHS Calendar for the most up-to-date listing of school events:
Keep updated on your students progress and grades – Link to request access to GradeBook.