The Mission of Findlay High School is to develop within each student the ability to recognize and realize their individual potential to be lifelong learners who are caring, flexible, contributing citizens in an ever-changing society. This is accomplished through families, students, staff, and community working together to provide a positive atmosphere where all students can attain the virtues necessary to achieve their mental, physical, and emotional potential.
Findlay High School is the only high school in the city of Findlay, a community of 41,202 people. Located in Northwest Ohio off Interstate-75, Findlay is 47 miles south of Toledo. A variety of industries and businesses offer employment for business, professional, skilled and unskilled workers. The University of Findlay, a private college with 4,851 students, and Owens Community College, a state school with an enrollment of 1,324 students, also reflect the community’s support of good educational programs and services…Continue reading FHS Profile…
Findlay’s first school was erected in 1827. In 1840, the need for a larger school became apparent and one was built on the corner of East Crawford and East Streets. In the fall of 1868, students found themselves in a new home. It was built on East Sandusky Street and was known as the Central Building. The first class graduated from Findlay High School in 1873 with 11 members. Students then moved into a newly constructed modern high school in 1901 on West Main Cross Street. An addition to the school was completed in time for the 1923-1924 school year. This school was used until the present high school was built on Broad Avenue and opened to students in the fall of 1963. To begin the 2000-2001 school year, a new academic wing containing 16 classrooms and office space was completed as well as an auxiliary gymnasium. Findlay High School presently houses 9th through 12th grades with a total enrollment of approximately 1600 students.