Senior Letter to Parents/Students – October 14, 2021
Dear Parents/Guardians and Senior Student,
Your student’s senior year is here! It’s time to celebrate your senior year and prepare for your upcoming graduation! We want to make sure that you and your student are aware of the many events that will happen during the senior year. This letter is the first of several that will highlight senior experiences and opportunities for all Findlay High School students. Many of these experiences may look different this year. Information will be shared through Final Forms and posted on fcs.org/seniors. Please contact us if you have any questions. We want to make your student’s senior year something to celebrate!
SENIOR CAP & GOWN ORDER INFORMATION
The senior year begins with students ordering their cap, tassel, gown, medallion, and invitations for Commencement. Order information from Jostens will be sent through email/Final Forms for the early-order event October 20-29, 2021. Families may order directly at www.jostens.com. Order packets will also be available in the office for in-person ordering. Students are required to have a cap, tassel, gown, and medallion for Commencement. The Cap & Gown Unit contains everything a student needs and is $35.50 plus tax. Other order options are available. The Early-order deadline to order the cap & gown unit to receive the best price is by October 29, 2021. Please contact your student’s principal if financial assistance is needed.
SENIOR PORTRAIT INFORMATION
Prestige Portraits by LifeTouch has partnered with Findlay High School and has been selected as the Official Senior Photographer for the Graduating Class of 2021. All Findlay High School seniors will have their senior portrait taken at Findlay High School on October 20-21, 2021, at no cost to the student to be used in the yearbook and graduation publications. The portraits taken at FHS will consist of several poses and backgrounds. We encourage students to dress appropriately for Senior Portraits.
- Each student will be assigned an appointment time for their photo session. This information will be shared with the students.
- Students can then, if desired, purchase any portraits for their own use, but no purchase is required.
- Please note that these photos will be the only photos used as senior portraits in the FHS yearbook and for graduation publications.
- Prestige Portraits will provide us with everyone’s free basic retouched yearbook image, so it is important to take advantage of this service as we want to ensure that our senior section will have consistency.
NOTE: If desired, seniors/parents can arrange and pay for their own personal senior portraits from their favorite photographer to share with family and friends, but only the portraits taken by Prestige Portraits will be used in the yearbook.
DIPLOMA NAME VERIFICATION
Students will have the opportunity to verify their names for diploma printing during the Senior Portrait sessions on October 20 and 21. Students are asked to verify the name and the spelling as they want it to appear on their diploma.
UPDATES FROM THE COUNSELORS
As October starts, the school counselors want to provide you with some “Senior Specific” information that will help as your student starts and/or continues to prepare for their future.
Transcripts: If you need your high school transcript for a college application, a scholarship, work, your own copy to help you fill things out, etc, you will need to order this on your own to be sent through Parchment. This is the way that a transcript becomes official.
- You can use the “Search” feature to look for the places you would like to send your transcript.
***NOTE: the icon you see when logged in to your account is NOT the most recent transcript in Parchment unless you scroll down and click “update”.
- Class rank and current classes are now loaded into Parchment.
- Here are the instructions on how to order transcripts through Parchment:Counseling Quick Sheet
Common App: Many students use Common App as a way to apply to many different colleges all at once. Guides to completing the Common App can be found attached below.
- You must complete/identify your School Counselor within the Common App, as soon as possible, as there are portions we must complete.
- FHS Counselors will complete our portion according to the college application deadlines, as listed within Common App.
Letters of Recommendation/Brag Sheet:
- When deciding who you would like to ask to write a recommendation letter for you, choose someone who knows you well
- Give the recommenders AT LEAST 2 weeks notice of when the letter is due so they have adequate time to write a good recommendation letter for you.
- Feel free to use the attached “Brag Sheet” as a template and provide it to your Counselor and Recommendation Writer when you give the 2 weeks notice. When using this form, please make sure you “Make a Copy” of it before typing in it. Virtual Brag Sheet
Credits/ Credit Recovery
- Counselors are double-checking credits to ensure each student will be ready for graduation.
- We have started working with students who need need credit recovery; counselors and principals will be reaching out to share more information about the credit recovery process
- Counselors frequently make announcements with updates about College Reps Visiting, ACT/SAT info, Deadlines to turn important paperwork in, College Credit Plus, Advanced Placement opportunities, Scholarships, etc. through various platforms
- Make it a habit to check emails/Final Forms Announcements every day
- Join the School Counselor Google Classroom 6d6j762
- On the web: FHS Counseling and Academics Webpage
SENIOR YEARBOOK RECOGNITION ADS
The deadline to order a Senior Yearbook Recognition Ad is March 15, 2022. You can express friendship, love, or congratulations to that special senior student in your life with a colored personal ad in the yearbook. You may pay for your congratulations message by logging on to: Jostensadservice.com. You can then select the desired size and pay for the ad. Ad information prices and sizes include: 1 full page for $200, ½ page for $150, ¼ page for $90, 1/8 page for $55. Questions? E-mail Mr. Orr or Mrs. Geaman, Yearbook Advisors, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, respectively. The staff will be happy to serve you!
There will also be a Siblings section in the yearbook. The Sibling photo must include a current senior plus sibling(s) that is/are currently enrolled at Findlay High School and Trojan Academy. Please either e-mail the photo to Mr. Orr or Mrs. Geaman or no later than April 1, 2022. Photos can be scanned if needed. This Siblings section is provided free to seniors.
HOW TO ORDER A 2021 – 2022 YEARBOOK
You can log on to jostensyearbooks.com to order the 2021-2022 Findlay Trojan Yearbook for only $70 through December 31, 2021. Beginning January 1, 2022, the price will be $75 through June 10, 2022. The last day to order the 256 page, full color 2021-2022 Trojan Yearbook is June 10, 2022. There are no exceptions–order today!
- Senior Portrait Day (by appointment) Wednesday, October 20 and Thursday, October 21
- Diploma Name Verification Wednesday, October 20 and Thursday, October 21
- Cap & Gown Best Price Early-Order Event Wednesday, October 20 – Friday, October 29, 2021