Each new school year brings opportunities; opportunities for academic growth but also opportunities for growth in all areas of development. Although children must be knowledgeable when they graduate, they must also be healthy, engaged, responsible, and caring people.
The Leader in Me provides our school with the vision and language to lead the school in a way that addresses all areas of development. As each child discovers and develops his/her unique gifts and talents, they are given opportunities to lead. As leaders, they become active, engaged partners in their own education and their self-confidence, responsibility, and initiative grows. The children quickly understand the benefits of different gifts and talents; they learn to listen to new ideas, work together to achieve results, and motivate one another to be the best.
Jefferson Primary School Hours:
9:15am and ends at 3:40pm
First Bell rings at 9:00am
Ohio’s Kindergarten Readiness Assessment
Ohio’s Early Learning and Development Standards (birth to kindergarten entry) are the basis for the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment. The Kindergarten Readiness Assessment is used to assess four areas of early learning:
- Social Foundations- including social and emotional development, and approaches toward learning
- Language and Literacy
- Physical Well-being and Motor Development
As a learning community we will:
- Take pride in ourselves, school, and community.
- Unite to show respect and belief in ourselves, school, and others.
- Challenge ourselves to reach individual, academic, and personal potential.
- Share the expectations and process of Leader In Me with students and parents.
- Teach The 7 Habits
- Teach and model expected student behavior.
Focus areas: Arrival, Lunch, Recess, Bathroom, Dismissal
- Participate in Service-Learning projects
- Develop Leadership roles and groups with student input
- Regular communication between Jefferson and Chamberlin Staff
- Implement consistently – Lighthouse Team (BLT), TBT’s, Building-wide schedule, Curriculum mapping/schedule, Core++ Model
- Implement Common Core, RTI practices, Differentiation, Marzano strategies
- Collect and analyze data on academic and behavioral progress as determined by district, Lighthouse Team, and TBTs.
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. Our group consists of parents and teachers working together to enrich and maximize the education of all students. We support school staff and assist in efforts to solve school needs through volunteering and fundraising. We plan events throughout the year to get students, staff, and families together outside of the regular school day.
Third Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm in the Chamberlin Hill Library.
|Office||Chamberlin Hill & Jefferson|
|Co-Presidents||Emily Romick & Sarah Gaberdiel|
|Social Media||Kayla Obenour|
|Fundraiser Chair||Adam & Crystal Willford|
|Events Chair||Jennifer Bateson|