Creating a foundation for a lifelong love of learning.
- Findlay City Schools Preschool is a Leader in Me school. Leader in Me provides our school with the vision and language to lead the school in a way that addresses all areas of development. As each child discovers and develops his/her unique gifts and talents, they are given opportunities to lead. As leaders, they become active, engaged partners in their own education and their self-confidence, responsibility, and initiative grow.
- Throughout each day, learning experiences are offered through individual work, in small groups, and as a whole group.
- Our gym and expansive outdoor playground provide an abundance of active play space.
- We provide a motor lab with rotating activities to address the needs of all students in task-oriented circuit training, supported by consistent, foundational exercises, offering developmental support for the sensory and motor systems.
- We have a sensory room to provide students a sense of calm and comfort to help with self regulation through visual, auditory, and tactile experiences.
- Curricular activities are developed based on current research and recommended practice. Lessons follow state Early Learning Standards.
- To promote early literacy, we follow the Heggerty curriculum. Our teachers meaningfully incorporate literacy throughout classroom and daily routines.
A Visit to FCS Preschool:
|Schedule||Morning Class||Afternoon Class||Full Day|
|Regular Day||9:30a - 12:15p||1:00p - 3:50p||9:30a - 3:50p|
|2-Hour Delay||11:30a - 1:15p||2:00p - 3:50p||11:30a - 3:50p|
Ohio’s Kindergarten Readiness Assessment
Ohio’s Early Learning and Development Standards (birth to kindergarten entry) are the basis for the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment. The Kindergarten Readiness Assessment is used to assess four areas of early learning:
- Social Foundations- including social and emotional development, and approaches toward learning
- Language and Literacy
- Physical Well-being and Motor Development