I would like to welcome back our students and staff from Winter Break. I am excited for the start of a New Year and all the opportunities that will be provided in 2021.
It doesn’t matter if we are in a hybrid model or a remote model, Findlay City Schools will continue to support students’ needs academically and emotionally. If your child is struggling in any area, we ask that you communicate with your child’s teacher, counselor, or building principal so that we can provide any assistance or support that is needed. You can also find mental health resources on the FCS website.
Despite the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has presented, we continue to focus on student achievement, ensuring academic success for each and every student. We have a lot to be proud of in this community and we appreciate your support, especially during the trying times of remote learning during 2020. Strong partnerships equal great communities and the district is proud to be a part of such a great community.
Important dates to remember in January and February:
- January 4 – return from Winter Break
- Grades PK-5 return to the current hybrid model
- Grades 6-12 return to the current remote model
- January 5 – end of course government exams begin
- January 18 – no school – Martin Luther King Day
- January 21 – end of the second nine week grading period
- January 22 – two hour delay for teacher in-service and start of the second semester
- February 12 – no school – teacher professional development day
- February 15 – no school – Presidents’ Day
Stay safe, healthy and continue to receive up to date information at https://fcs.org.
Troy Roth, Superintendent