Trojan Academy Blended & Trojan Academy Online – provide two different options for students and parents.
Trojan Academy Blended is a 6-12 blended school that offers a blended learning environment for students that incorporates online instruction that is individualized to the specific needs of our students, with face-to-face coaching with a licensed educator, in an environment that also allows students to develop positive peer relationships with other students. Our staff customizes each student’s online learning platform according to the needs of the individual student.
Trojan Academy Online is a K-12 online school designed to meet the needs of self-motivated students who have the desire and ability to participate in a self-paced program primarily online – that includes support of a licensed educator who can provide assistance.
Absences - To report your child's absence, please call: 419-429-8938
In order for students to be successful in an online learning environment, students must be able to effectively manage their time, learn independently, and take responsibility for their learning. Students are required to complete their course work according to the course pacing guides and the goals established with the input of their FCS educator.
At the K-5 level this will require daily parent support. Students are required to complete their coursework according to the teacher’s expectations. This will be a combination of live Zoom lessons, recorded lessons, small group time, and work completion.
FCS educators are committed to helping students reach their academic achievement goals. We believe that this is achieved through a partnership with families and students in order to help students achieve the State and district’s high standards.
|Kindergarten Students||15-25 hours activity time|
|Grade 1-5 Students||25 hours activity time|
|Grade 6-12 Students||27.5 Hours (22.5 hours online instruction + 5 hours offline work)|
Trojan Academy Blended is a 6-12 online learning school designed to meet the needs of self-motivated students who have the desire and ability to participate in a self-paced 1 program of online instruction with the support of a licensed educator who can help provide assistance. In order for students to be successful in an online environment, students must be able to effectively manage their time, learn independently, and take responsibility for their learning. Students are required to complete their course work according to the course pacing and the goals established with the input of their educational coach. Although the program is self-paced, students are required to meet the minimum pacing timelines. Students may work ahead of pacing timelines, but may not work slower than pacing timelines.
Students in grades 6-12 are required to have a minimum of 27.5 hours of instructional activities each week which is made up of 22.5 hours of online instructional activities and up to 5 hours of activity time credited each week for off-line activities, which includes required note-taking. Activity time is calculated as time spent by a student actively working in online lessons (tutorial, assignments, tests, exams, school assessments, etc.). Students may also have required offline activities, such as additional reading selections, reports, projects, etc. that are considered to be homework and are required in addition to their required hours of online activity time each week.
Parental Observer Tool
The Parental Observer tool provides parents and caregivers with access that allows them for viewing their child’s progress and ongoing assignments and to calculate their child’s online attendance.
The observer tool connects families to their student’s education by allowing you to view:
- Home: Home is the landing page and starting point for navigating the app. It displays current announcements for all courses, the To-do List for all courses, the student’s Activity Stream, and Course Cards. This tool gives you a good overview of what’s happening in all of the student’s current courses.
- Activities: Open Activities to access the Course Home page for any of the student’s current courses. Course Home page display course announcements, the To-do List, course activities, course links, the student’s current score, daily agendas, and the Activity Stream.
- Performance: The Performance tool enables you track grades, activities, and objective mastery.
- Communication: Access course announcements using the Communication tool.
- Calendar: The Calendar displays due date notifications that are color-coded by course. Select a date or view for a list of activities.
- Monitoring Your Teen’s Activities: What Parents and Families Should Know
- Ways to Engage in Your Child’s School to Support Student Health and Learning
- Helping Your Child Feel Connected to School
If you need assistance or would like one of our teachers or coaches to help you use the online tool please call 419-429-8938 and let us know. We’ll have your child’s academic coach or teacher contact you and provide you with assistance.