Findlay City Schools - WiFi & Connectivity Guide
Findlay City Schools provides WiFi access to all members of Findlay City Schools and approved guests. All traffic is monitored and recorded. App usage is also tracked. Usage requires that a security certificate is installed on your device:
Connection Instructions – on Campus
- Connect to the TROJANS network
- Use your FCS user / FCS password
- You will need to “Trust” the connection
Security Certificate Installation Instructions (one-time process)
Android Devices (Phone & Tablets)
Please note – you must have a screen pattern lock or password on your device to be able to do this.
- Download the certificate from here. Open with defaults.
- At the Name the certificate screen give the certificate a name (whatever you like) and press the OK button.
iOS Devices (iPhone & iPad)
- Download the certificate from here within Safari.
- Click on the downloaded file and press the Install button.
- You will be prompted with a warning message that says, “Installing this profile will change settings on your iPad.” Press the Install Now button.
- After the installation is complete you will need to navigate to Settings > General > About, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on “Certificate Trust Settings“, turn on the selection for “securly.com“
- Download the certificate here.
- Double+Click on the downloaded certificate.
- When prompted, click Open, then Install Certificate.
Select Local Machine, then click Next, and click yes on the User Account Control prompt
Select “Place all certificates in the following store“, browse to “Trusted Root Certification Authorities“, then click OK, Next and FinishOptional Step:
You should see a dialog box that says “The import was successful“
Note: Firefox users need to manually install the certificate into the browser. Instructions can be found here.